Saturday 12 March 2016

Revision tips

Cue cards

Spider diagram

Hello readers!

Since exam seasons are quickly approaching now I thought I would share how I revise with you to help/motivate you to revise! Yes I realise how boring revising is, I absolutely hate it! But these techniques help make revision less boring than normal.

Remember when revising to take breaks every 20-30 minutes    

1)      Cue cards
 Whether it’s just questions or answers on the cue cards or facts it really doesn’t matter. Small pieces of information  are easier to remember in the long run as oppose to reading massive pages of text, it won’t go in. I also colour coordinated my cue cards to each subject e.g. blue for maths. This helps your brain associate a subject with a colour and remember it easier.  You can purchase cue cards from just about anywhere e.g. Tesco, whsmiths etc.

2)      GCSE pod
This is a really good website to listen to if you don’t feel like doing hard core revision.  I like to listen to this in the morning whilst getting ready. This website is like listening to a teacher so if you like learning through a teacher this website is for you.

3)      Spider diagrams
I don’t do to well with mind maps as I’m not very good with art and most of the time I can’t understand my own drawings. So I summarise information onto a A3 sheet of paper. Make sure you use colour to associate it with the information.  Each branch should be a different colour and about a different topic.

Leave your revision tips in the comments to help others out!


weeklybeauty 

No comments:

Post a Comment